HCSS Construction Awards
Nominations for the 2024 HCSS Construction Awards are now closed.
Thank you to everyone who entered this year! If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
We know our customers lead the industry, and we honor those who are truly pushing the boundaries of efficiency, safety, development of people, technology, and more with our HCSS Construction Awards. Finalists and winners are recognized each year at UGM.
The Awards Process
Think your company can win the award in 2024? Here’s what you need to know:
There will be three categories: one for small-to-midsize businesses, one for enterprise businesses, and one people's choice category.
The small-to-midsize and enterprise awards will be chosen by industry experts based on their responses to the entry prompts.
The people’s choice award will be chosen by YOU. At UGM 2024, we’ll show you the three finalists from the small-to-midsize category and the three finalists from the enterprise category at the keynote presentation. After the keynote, we’ll open up a survey that allows you to vote for who you think should win. The people’s choice winner will be announced at the UGM Welcome Reception.
From June 1 - August 14, 2023, award submissions are open. It is free to enter! The form will have entrants choose three of ten prompts. Submit your entry here.
Each prompt will be weighed by judges equally. You are not required to mention HCSS products in your response. Multiple entries from the same company are allowed, but it will not give these companies an advantage over those that submit just one entry.
Industry experts will judge the entries and choose the top three small-to-midsize finalists and three enterprise finalists. HCSS will travel to the finalists’ headquarters in September and October 2023 and conduct interviews about why they should win. Finalists will also receive one free ticket to UGM.
Winners will be announced at UGM on February 13 and 14, 2024.
You’ll choose three of the ten prompts below. Each prompt response must be specific and can be no more than 300 words.
- How does technology help you in your drive to bid more and win more work?
- How do you ensure you stand out as a leader amongst competitors?
- How do you avoid unplanned costs/rework?
- How do you ensure your jobs stay on track (on budget, on schedule)?
- How do you evaluate the effectiveness of your safety programs? (e.g., reduction of incidents, monitoring the leading indicators, inspection compliance, meetings, etc.)
- How do you encourage commitment to your safety culture throughout your entire organization?
- How do you monitor/track fleet utilization? What do you do to improve it?
- How do you meet the equipment demand from Operations? How do you ensure the maximum availability of your fleet without compromising preventive maintenance?
- How do you make critical business decisions in your organization? How does technology help you make informed decisions?
- What are the major areas where your organization significantly performed in the recent year(s)?
The competition is open to HCSS customers only. Award entries must be submitted between June 1 - August 14, 2023.
Why should you enter anyway? What’s in it for you?
- Finalists will receive one free ticket (per company) to UGM.
- Winners receive HCSS Construction Awards commemorative pins for each member of your team that attends UGM. The winning company will also be awarded a trophy.
- Winners will be featured in collateral seen throughout UGM. Collateral may include posters and fliers.
- The winning team will be featured on HCSS social media and in a blog on our website. The blog will be circulated to other construction-related publications, giving your company even more visibility.
Our 2023 Winner
We kicked off the inaugural HCSS Construction Awards at UGM 2023. We heard inspiring ways HCSS customers are utilizing technology to create safer, more efficient teams and processes. Ultimately, MGE Underground Inc. took home the prize! Read about all of our finalists here and see how MGE leverages technology here.
There's still time to improve...
If you're having trouble thinking of compelling stories or data on why your company should win, talk to Customer Success! They can help you improve your performance so you can put your best foot forward when you apply.